Business leaders can learn how best to share their vision on social media without falling victim to legal pitfalls - thanks to expert tips from some of Dorset’s leading brands.
Coles Miller’s third annual Social Media Seminar - Telling Your Social Story - will be held on Thursday April 16, 9am to 12.30pm, at AFC Bournemouth’s Goldsands Stadium.
It will feature short, punchy presentations from some of Dorset’s most dynamic businesses on social media including:
- Jimmy’s Iced Coffee founder Jim Cregan - a relatively new Dorset business that has already secured a big social media following
- Lush Social Media Content Editor Nicolas Copeland
- Farrow & Ball Head of Customer Service Clare Atkin and Senior Online Communications Executive Rob Murray
- RNLI Social Media Innovation Officer Luke Williams: From Volunteers To 1,000% Facebook Reach (Yes, 1,000%)
- Intergage Managing Director Paul Tansey on Social Media’s Inconvenient Truth: Why Transparency Is The New Normal And What That Means For Your Business
- Coles Miller Partner Neil Andrews and Employment Law Solicitor Amy Cousineau: Protecting Your Business’s Social Story
- TeamJobs Managing Director Jason Gault.
Coles Miller Marketing Manager Lee Taylor said: “Our social media seminar has grown year on year and we are delighted to have secured some fantastic speakers from globally recognised brands with roots firmly in Dorset.
“Social media has always offered fantastic opportunities for business but the legal pitfalls are now more challenging.
“There is now more case law that defines responsible use of social media so victims of perceived injustices are more likely to take action - especially with regard to employment law,” he added.
Intergage Managing Director Paul Tansey said: “Social media has helped to make businesses much more transparent.
“User expectations are rising daily - looking like a great company is no longer enough. You have to be a great company with an exciting vision that inspires.”
For more information and to book places, contact Marketing Manager Lee Taylor, 01202 355695 or click here.