Partner, Head of Residential Leasehold
I've recently used Coles Miller to deal with a lease extension on a residential flat in Bournemouth. I would like to say that the service provided by all of the staff I had contact with, and particularly by Matthew Lewis the lead solicitor, was first class in all respects. These matters are complex but I was kept informed of what was happening at all times by a mix of letters and emails in a way that I have not experienced in my dealings with the legal profession in the past. Estimates of costs turned out to be entirely realistic as well.
Matthew Lewis is head of our Residential Leasehold Property department and a Partner at the firm.
Matthew has spent his entire career specialising in residential leasehold matters. A member of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP), a number of the firm’s cases are cited in the leading text book on the subject.
Residential leasehold property is a complex area of the law that requires specialist expertise. Matthew is specialising further: he works closely with managing agents on contentious matters such as service charge disputes, breaches of covenant, enforcement and forfeiture.
Matthew is an influential individual in the residential leasehold property sector, named in News on The Block’s Hot 100 list in 2018 and highly commended in the Young Professional of the Year category at the Enfranchisement & Right to Manage Awards in 2019. Matthew was also noted as a ‘Rising Star’ in Flat Living’s ‘Property Management 50’ in 2019.
Matthew is an honorary consultant of the Federation of Private Residents’ Associations (FPRA), a member of the Institute of Residential Property Managers (IRPM), and co-founder of Leasehold Management Professionals (LMP).
In his spare time, Matthew can be found watching the drama unfold at Leeds United Football Club!
Matthew has been recognised by the following professional bodies:
- Included in ‘the Hot 100’ - Some of the most influential people in the leasehold industry
- Included in ‘Property Management 50’ - recognising and celebrating excellence in property management
- Co-founder of Leasehold Management Professionals Limited
- Highly Commended Young Professional of the Year at the 2019 Enfranchisement and Right to Manage Awards
- Honorary Consultant of the Federation of Private Residents Associations
- Member of the Institute of Residential Property Managers