Employment Law Solicitors in Dorset
Falling foul of employment law can be very costly for an employer so it’s very important you’re on your toes in this constantly evolving area of law.
If you’ve got a specific problem with staff or a specific person the employment law team at Coles Miller will give you reliable, straightforward and cost-effective advice as you would give your customers.
We’d recommend not waiting until you have an HR crisis on your hands before picking up the phone as nipping problems in the bud early is crucial: employment relationships are no different from other relationships in this respect. A conversation with us at an early stage, in addition to having up to date employment contracts and HR polices in place could save your business a considerable amount of money and management time.
If litigation cannot be avoided or is needed in order to protect your business reputation and interests, our employment lawyers are experienced in representing clients at employment tribunals and in the county and high courts.
Our employment solicitors advise on the full range of employment issues including the following:
- Business re-organisations (redundancy packages)
- Effects of TUPE
- Unfair or wrongful dismissal claims
- Settlement Agreements
- Discrimination claims (age, sex, race, disability, ability or sexual orientation)
- Dealing with ill health absences and dismissals
- Restrictive covenants
- Drafting & reviewing of employment contracts, employee handbooks and other policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities
- Equal pay claims
- Advising on share incentive and bonus scheme
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Health and Safety
- Data Protection Issues
- Maternity/Paternity rights
- Holiday Entitlement