Dorset Lawyers To Get Expert Training At Coles Miller 3PB Family Law Seminar6th Sep 2019
Family lawyers from firms across Dorset will be getting expert advice at a training seminar hosted by Coles Miller and 3PB barristers.
The aim is to boost best practice in the legal profession – benefiting clients needing help with divorce, separation, children arrangements, mediation and other family law matters.
Coles Miller and 3PB are hosting the seminar on September 26 (9.30am-4.30pm) at the Hilton Hotel in Bournemouth town centre.
Up to 70 lawyers will be getting expert legal advice from leading barristers – including a QC – on topics including:
- rules of evidence and costs
- child arrangements and contact orders
- how best to fund a client’s case, litigation loans
- financial dispute resolution
- use of alternative dispute resolution to help speed up cases, reduce costs and stress
- pensions in divorce
Speakers will include:
- Vanessa Meachin QC, 3PB – a barrister who specialises in complex family law cases. She represents parents, children and local authorities. Her cases routinely involve substantial assets, business assets and issues relating to land and foreign property.
- Rachael Goodall, 3PB – has just sat as a deputy district judge. She is one of the few barristers consistently recommended in both the Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500 legal directories. She specialises in cases involving financial provision after divorce, dissolution or separation.
- Andrew Cook, Heritage Investments – director and independent financial adviser, specialises in investments, retirement and Inheritance Tax planning.
3PB has just been shortlisted in three categories of the Family Law Awards 2019: Family Chambers of the Year (Regional), Junior Barrister of the Year (Hamish Dunlop) and Clerking Team of the Year.
Coles Miller Marketing & Events Executive Kate Lawrence said: “We are receiving a great deal of interest in this event because of the high quality of the speakers on the panel.
“Hosting events such as this highlights our commitment to driving best practice in the profession and ensuring the best possible outcomes for clients,” she added.
Tickets are £55+VAT. Profits will go to Macmillan Dorset. If you are a law professional and wish to attend, contact Coles Miller Marketing & Events Executive Kate Lawrence, Poole office, 01202 355695.