Go Green At Work Like Coles Miller!31st Oct 2019
Dorset law firm Coles Miller is going greener at its five offices. Its new environmental initiatives for the workplace include:
- installing low energy LED lighting
- having milk delivered in glass bottles (just like the old days) – reducing the need for paperboard-and-plastic cartons
- giving staff (and event attendees) reusable canvas shopping bags instead of disposable plastic bags
- using reusable water bottles – reducing the need for mineral water in plastic bottles
- buying long-life metal pens – rather than throwaway plastic pens
- providing more recycling bins around the buildings.
Coles Miller already runs a successful Cycle to Work scheme. The firm buys bikes for employees who want to ride to work; the employees can then repay the cost through their monthly wages.
The green initiatives are in place at Coles Miller’s offices in Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Broadstone and Wimborne.
Coles Miller Marketing and Events Executive Kate Lawrence said: “We have 120 employees – so if we can encourage everyone to make small changes, we can make a significant difference.”
For more information, contact Coles Miller Marketing and Events Executive Kate Lawrence, Poole office 01202 355695.