LAWYERS' CONCERNS FOLLOWING ILLNESS OUTBREAK AT BOURNEMOUTH HOTEL19th Apr 2012
Personal injury experts at Dorset based Coles Miller have revealed their concerns over a reported outbreak of illness amongst guests staying at a hotel in Bournemouth.
It has been reported that Environmental officials were called to the Healthlands Hotel in Bournemouth after it is understood over 20 guests have been suffering from diarrhoea and vomiting symptoms. Tests are currently being carried out to determine whether this could be norovirus.
Norovirus infection causes acute gastroenteritis, with the most common symptoms being diarrhoea, vomiting, and stomach pain.
Adrian Cormack, Partner and head of the Coles Miller's personal injury team said:
"Having dealt with a number of unfortunate similar cases I know full well the devastating impact that these illnesses can have on people."
"We would suggest that if their symptoms persist or become worse to go and see their GP so that they can be diagnosed and provided with the correct treatment. If they intend to make a claim they should keep a record of events and receipts of all their financial expenses that are incurred as a result, such as hotel bills, travel expenses as these may be recoverable."
"At the very least I would urge there to be a full investigation in to this outbreak of illness and we hope that lessons can be learnt which will help to reduce the potential risk of further outbreaks in the future in the Dorset region"