Solicitors For Leasehold Managing Agents
Legal Services for Property Management Companies
Robust enforcement of covenants and service charges by specialist residential leasehold solicitors.
We act for residential managing agents, property management companies, landlords/freeholders and head leaseholders all over the country.
Deal with problem leaseholders and troublesome tenants quickly and cost effectively. Contact us for expert legal advice.
Service Charge Arrears Recovery
Managing agents and management companies entrust their payment enforcement procedures to Coles Miller because we take prompt and decisive action.
Our experienced legal team is smart, pragmatic and efficient. We get results.
We take prompt enforcement action to end service charge disputes and recover arrears. That can include applying to have the debt attached to the leaseholder’s mortgage.
Our lawyers also investigate the underlying reasons of non-payment to help consider potential opportunities to reduce the likelihood of it happening again.
Enforcing Restrictive Covenants On Leasehold Property
We also deal swiftly with breaches of covenant. Our proven enforcement procedures stop problem leaseholders from disrupting the lives of fellow tenants and other neighbours.
Decades of collective experience mean we can often spot potential issues in advance. We can step in on your behalf to nip problems in the bud before they escalate.
Swift action reduces the impact of breaches on other leaseholders. This maintains good relations in the block and reduces your workload.
Section 20 Consultations On Qualifying Works And Long-Term Contracts
Managing agents depend on Coles Miller to ensure they comply fully with Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 when consulting on major works.
You must consult leaseholders paying variable service charges before carrying out any qualifying works or entering into a long-term service contract.
The process involves three stages:
- a notice of intention – the pre-tender stage
- notification of estimates – the tender stage
- notification of the award of contract (and in some cases the reasons behind the decision).
This is a complex area of the law. Section 20 of the 1985 Act has been amended by Section 151 of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 – as set out in the Service Charges (Consultation Requirements) (England) Regulations 2003. Wales has similar regulations.
Contact our team for expert advice on complying with Section 20 consultations.
Why Residential Property Professionals Choose Coles Miller
Our Bournemouth-based team works all over the country – notably with clients in London.
- London managing agents choose Coles Miller because we provide the high-quality service they demand – but charge significantly lower provincial rates
- Provincial managing agents benefit from a London-level service – without having to instruct an expensive firm based in the capital. (Dorset and Hampshire agents like the fact that we’re based locally and can offer them regular face-to-face meetings.)
- Residential property professionals instruct Coles Miller because we tailor our boutique service to their specific requirements. We value your business – we won’t treat you like a number.
We will communicate effectively using your preferred channel: phone, email, meeting – whichever is best for you.
We will keep you updated on your case’s progress and when you can expect a positive outcome.
Benefit from Coles Miller’s commitment to you:
- swift response – and a single point of contact for more effective communication
- seamless multi-property solutions provided by our large and experienced property team – residential, commercial, planning
- all our processes are fully transparent
- regular progress reports on your property portfolio.
Choose Coles Miller for rapid results, lower costs and less stress.
Leasehold Management Professionals – Raising Standards
Coles Miller Solicitors is a founding member of Leasehold Management Professionals (LMP) which shares best practice to help raise standards for residential leaseholders.
LMP was co-founded by Block Accountants, Southampton; Deacon (Blocks of Flats Insurance), Bournemouth and Evolve Block & Estate Management, Ringwood.
Get Expert Legal Advice
In August 2018 Coles Miller Partner Matthew Lewis (head of the firm’s Residential Leasehold Department) was named in the Hot 100 by respected industry influencer News On The Block.
Contact Matthew Lewis for expert legal advice on all aspects of residential leasehold property law, 01202 355697.