Property Management Solicitors
Specialist Legal Services for Managing Agents
Robust enforcement of covenants and service charges by specialist residential leasehold solicitors.
We act for residential managing agents, property management companies, freeholders and head leaseholders all over the country.
Deal with problem leaseholders and troublesome tenants quickly and cost effectively. Contact our team now for expert legal advice.
Service Charge Disputes
Managing agents and management companies entrust their payment enforcement procedures to Coles Miller because we take prompt and decisive action.
Our experienced legal team is smart, pragmatic and efficient. We get results.
We take prompt enforcement action to end service charge disputes and recover arrears. That can include applying to have the debt attached to the leaseholder’s mortgage.
Our lawyers also investigate the underlying reasons of non-payment to help reduce the likelihood of it happening again when the next bill is due. Prevention is always better than cure.
Breaches of Covenant
We also deal swiftly with breaches of covenant. Our proven enforcement procedures stop problem leaseholders from annoying fellow tenants and other neighbours.
Decades of collective experience mean we can often spot potential issues in advance. We can step in on your behalf to nip problems in the bud before they escalate.
Swift action reduces the impact of breaches on other leaseholders. This maintains good relations in the block and reduces your workload.
Major Works and Section 20 Consultations
Managing agents depend on Coles Miller to ensure they comply fully with Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 when consulting on major works.
This complex area of the law involves three stages: a notice of intention, notification of estimates and notification of the award of contract. Contact our team for expert advice on complying with Section 20.
Why Residential Property Professionals Choose Coles Miller
Our Bournemouth-based team works all over the country – notably with clients in London.
- London managing agents choose Coles Miller because we provide the high quality service they demand – but charge significantly lower provincial rates
- Provincial managing agents benefit from a London-level service – without having to instruct an expensive firm based in the capital. (Dorset and Hampshire agents like the fact that we’re based locally and can offer them regular face-to-face meetings.)
- Residential property professionals instruct Coles Miller because we tailor our boutique service to their specific requirements. We value your business – we won’t treat you like a number.
We will communicate effectively using your preferred channel: phone, email, meeting – whichever is best for you.
We will keep you updated on your case’s progress and when you can expect a positive outcome.
Benefit from Coles Miller’s commitment to you:
- swift response – and a single point of contact for more effective communication
- seamless multi-property solutions provided by our large and experienced property team – residential, commercial, planning
- all our processes are fully transparent
- regular progress reports on your property portfolio.
Choose Coles Miller for rapid results, lower costs and less stress.
Contact Our Property Management Solicitors
Coles Miller’s Residential Leasehold team is led by Associate Solicitor Matthew Lewis.
Get expert legal advice – contact Matthew Lewis, 01202 355697.