Skip to content

Certificates of Lawful Use

Certificates of Lawful Use

You may be responsible for an operational development or use of land which does not have the correct planning consent but which you feel it is too late for the Local Planning Authority to take any action against due to the passage of time. If that is the case you may be able to regularise the situation by submitting an application for a Lawful Development Certificate for either an existing use or development (CLUED) or a proposed use or development (CLUPOD).

There are many pitfalls to these types of application and we are expert in asking the right questions and collating the most vital evidence to give your application the best chance of success. Applications often fall down due to a lack of a continuous use being demonstrated for either the four or ten year period and we can usually ascertain early on if your application is likely to be successful or not.

For those applications that are not clear cut or have a legal element our planning solicitors can provide input where required to give your application the maximum chance of success.

Contact Us For Legal Advice

Meet the team

Neil Andrews

Partner, Head of Commercial Department and Business Property Law

Patrick Herklots


Charlotte Lilley - Maternity Leave

Associate Solicitor