The player supports TAB to change the controls. Update Required<br/>To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your <a href='http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/' target='_blank'>Flash plugin</a>.
You will gain an LLB (Hons) in Legal Practice from The University of Law and at the end of the programme you will qualify as a solicitor. All of your tuition fees will be paid and best of all, you will earn a salary whilst you are training and gaining your qualification.
You will be based in one of our Dorset offices, working alongside our lawyers across our broad range of legal services.
During the first four years you will gain experience of legal practice and in the final two years you will join the graduate trainees and complete four six month rotations.
Throughout the six years you will be working for four days per week and spend one day studying with The University of Law.
This apprenticeship will take six years to complete, however after four years you will have obtained an LLB. In the fifth and sixth year you will complete your Solicitors Qualifying Exams (SQE).
Academic and competency training will be provided by The University of Law:
The ULaw solicitor apprenticeship programme aims to equip apprentices with a thorough understanding of the core legal subjects and combine them with an in-depth practical application.
- A combination of work-based and online supervised study, together with practical and academic activities at ULaw campuses will prepare apprentices to undertake the new Solicitors Qualifying Exam Parts 1 and 2 which entitles them to apply to the SRA to be admitted as solicitors at the end of the programme.
- Apprentices will also complete ULaw assessments, providing them with the opportunity to be awarded an LLB in Legal Practice and Skills (Hons) from ULaw. As well as supporting the apprentices academically, ULaw will work closely with the employers to ensure skills and competencies in the workplace are developed and nurtured throughout the programme.
The University of Law is a leading provider of legal education and has delivered training to the legal profession for over 140 years. They are one of the largest providers of solicitor training qualifications nationally and have built their reputation on delivering high quality and flexible legal education. ULaw consistently rank in the top ten of the National Student Survey for overall student satisfaction.
By the end of your apprenticeship, subject to satisfactory character and suitability, you will be a fully qualified solicitor and registered with the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA). You will then be invited to apply and interview for a permanent role as a Solicitor in your preferred practice area.
During the Apprenticeship Programme we will entrust you with a lot of responsibility, and fully support you in a variety of ways to ensure you reach your potential.
- In each seat you will be assigned a Supervisor who will mentor you throughout your time in that team, provide training and feedback on how you are doing.
- Our Training Principle and HR Director is here to support you throughout your journey, from when you submit your application through to qualification.
- You will also be allocated a Sponsor and Deputy Supervisor who is a senior Solicitor in the firm, they will help guide and lead you through our programme using their firm knowledge and influence.
- As well as technical legal training, we also provide you with the skills you need to succeed commercially through our day to day business working.
Responsibilities will vary depending on which department you are in and will increase and evolve as you progress through the programme. They may include:
- Assisting fee earners with cases with close supervision;
- Answering phones and meeting clients;
- Supporting in the overall efficient running of the team;
- Preparing files and bundles;
- Document management and general administration duties such as e-filing, photocopying and scanning;
- Drafting correspondence and reports;
- Attending client meetings and generating attendance notes;
- Communication with clients both written and verbal;
- Ensuring confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation, data and information;
- Ensuring all duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies;
- Drafting invoices;
- Attending training sessions, both departmental and online.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Organised and able to work in a structured way;
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Driven and motivated with a passion to pursue a career in law.
Applicants will need to have completed their A-Levels or equivalent by July 2024.
We look for 3 A-Levels at grade BBB and 6 GCSEs at grade A*-C or equivalent, but we can be flexible with these as we are looking for the best candidates for the role, not just those with the highest grades.
The University of Law entry requirements for their Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship course are:
- 3 A Levels at Grade C or above, or equivalent;
- 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English, or equivalent at Grade C/4 or above.
As long as you meet these minimum grades we will consider your application.
To register your interest in this role, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on 1st March 2024
Apprenticeship Start Date - September 2024
For details of work experience opportunities, please contact email@example.com
|Back to Listing||Apply Now|