STEP Solicitors, Lawyers
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Members at Coles Miller
Choosing a STEP solicitor or executive guarantees you will receive the best possible legal advice on wills and probate, trusts and estate administration.
The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) is an international professional organisation that spans 95 countries. Membership is by degree-level examinations or dissertation only.
Phone 01202 355695 or email us using the contact form on the right to find your nearest Coles Miller STEP member.
How STEP Lawyers Can Help You
Coles Miller’s STEP member lawyers are expertly qualified to advise you on:
- Estate Administration - managing your family’s estate in the most efficient manner
- Trust Administration - creating and managing a trust that best meets your family’s needs and minimises your tax liability
- Taxation of Trusts and Estates - ensuring your trust and estate keep pace with the latest tax changes
- Trust and Estate Accounting - making sure your trust and estate are managed to the highest international accounting standards.
Meeting STEP’s High Standards
Joining the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners requires two years of study. To qualify for STEP membership, lawyers must either:
- pass four three-hour exams (estate administration; trust administration; taxation of trusts and estates; trust and estate accounting)
- or provide two years of assessed coursework, culminating in a dissertation.
Exams and coursework are updated regularly to meet rapidly changing tax rules. Members also undergo regular Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training so they are always at the forefront in this highly specialist and complex area of legislation.
STEP lawyers at Coles Miller include:
- Partner Stuart Bradford (head of the Probate Department), a solicitor based at Poole (01202 355695) and Wimborne (01202 355699).
- Consultant David Parfitt, a solicitor.
- Probate executive Emma Stagg at Poole (01202 355695) has worked in the legal profession since 1992 and in wills and probate since 2016.
- Senior Lawyer Graham Lawrence based in Poole (01202 355695) is currently chairman of the Bournemouth branch of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Caring For Elderly Clients And Families Affected By Dementia
Many STEP lawyers at Coles Miller are also members of Solicitors For The Elderly, an organisation dedicated to meeting the specialised legal requirements of older clients. Find out more here.
Coles Miller is also officially accredited as Dementia Friendly by the Alzheimer’s Society. Our lawyers and support staff have a great understanding of the condition and how we can help families to cope with it. Read more here.
Get Expert Help From Coles Miller
Find your nearest Coles Miller office here. We are happy to visit you at home or in hospital if you find it difficult to travel.
Make An Enquiry
Meet The Team
Chartered Legal Executive