Covid-19 Update From The Residential Conveyancing Team
We have taken a number of calls from clients who are concerned as to how their conveyancing transaction will be affected by the current Covid-19 pandemic.
We wish to reassure all of our clients that – where where it is possible for conveyancing transactions to be undertaken – we are well placed to deal with them. Our staff are able to work remotely and we have cutting edge case management systems that enable work to be carried out in a swift and efficient manner. We are all still very much open for business and have noted that the legal community is working in a co-operative manner to overcome the current challenges.
What Is The Latest Guidance Issued By The Government?
Anyone in England can now move home if they follow new guidance published by Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick. The government is urging everyone involved in the home moving market to adapt and be flexible by changing their usual processes.
This is not a return to normality. All those involved in the home moving process must ensure they minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus.
The government has outlined these key steps:
- Carry out more of the process online, such as virtual initial viewings.
- Vacate your current property while other people are shown around.
- Ensure your property is cleaned thoroughly before someone else moves in.
- Conduct as much of the business as possible remotely.
- Where meetings need to take place, ensure appropriate social distancing and hygiene measures. Wash your hands frequently. Wherever possible, stay at least two metres apart from people who are not members of your household.
- Promote flexibility, making provisions for the risks presented by coronavirus.
- Prioritise support for anyone who is clinically vulnerable, with symptoms of coronavirus or is self-isolating. Agree a new date to move if necessary.
How Can Coles Miller Assist You At This Time?
Coles Miller will be happy to assist you with any property-related questions you may have at this time. We can assist with all aspects of the conveyancing process. Please feel free to call any of our offices at any time.
We have offices in five separate locations across Dorset and are able to conduct video conferencing with all of our clients directly – even where our staff are working remotely. See A Client Guide To Video Conferencing.
We are also able to offer a swift and comprehensive re-mortgage service at a highly competitive price. We can also offer direct referrals to industry-leading mortgage brokers who will be able to offer a full range of financial services on an all-of-the-market basis. The base rate of the Bank of England is currently at the lowest level in history so there is no better time to re-mortgage.
We appreciate that this is a very difficult time for all of our clients and we are here to support you through this as your Law Firm for Life.
For more information, please contact Jason Barnett on 01202 355697.