Skip to content

Change Of Name

If you want to use your new name on your passport, driving licence, bank account or property deed you will need to complete a Change of Name Deed.

We are pleased to offer a fixed price for the preparation of a change of name deed for an adult.  The process is usually very straight-forward.

With increasing incidents of identity theft proving your name is yours is another reason people complete a Change of Name Deed.

Changing A Child's Name

If you want to change your child’s name you will need to complete a Change of Name Deed.  Both people with parental responsibility must agree to the change.

If an agreement cannot be reached, then a court order can be obtained to resolve the dispute.

If you would like to download our leaflet on Change of Name please click here

Resolution Specialist (1) (1)
Resolution Mediator (1) (1)
Resolution Member2 (2) (1)
c2ag_146x90_3_Resolution Collaborative Family Lawyer
Law Society Children Law (1)
c2ag_130x90_3_Law Society Family Law

Contact Coles Miller For Expert Advice


Meet the team

Richard Perrins

Partner, Head of Family Department

Lindsey Arnold


Anna Burton

Associate Solicitor

Sophia Haine


Georgia Foster

Trainee Solicitor

Molly Robinson

Solicitors Apprentice

Mollie-Anne Collins

Legal Secretary

Julie Read

Legal Secretary

Lorraine Woodrow

Legal Secretary

Tina Matthews

Legal Secretary