Moving House During The Covid-19 Lockdown13th May 2020
We welcome the news from the government to reopen the housing market. Our professional team is ready and available to help you to move home safely.
What Is The Latest Government Guidance?
Anyone in England can now move home if they follow new guidance published by Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick.
The government is urging everyone involved in the home moving market to adapt and be flexible by changing their usual processes.
This is not a return to normality. All those involved in the home moving process must ensure they minimise the risk of spreading the coronavirus.
The government has outlined these key steps:
- Carry out more of the process online, such as virtual initial viewings.
- Vacate your current property while other people are shown around.
- Ensure your property is cleaned thoroughly before someone else moves in.
- Conduct as much of the business as possible remotely.
- Where meetings need to take place, ensure appropriate social distancing and hygiene measures. Wash your hands frequently. Wherever possible, stay at least two metres apart from people who are not members of your household.
- Promote flexibility, making provisions for the risks presented by coronavirus
- Prioritise support for anyone who is clinically vulnerable, with symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. Agree a new date to move if necessary.
We wish to reassure all of our clients that – where it is possible for conveyancing transactions to be undertaken – we are well placed to deal with them.
Our staff can work remotely. We have cutting-edge case management systems so we can work swiftly and efficiently.
We are very much open for business – the legal community is working co-operatively to overcome the current challenges.
How Can Coles Miller Help You At This Time?
Coles Miller will be happy to help you with any property-related questions you may have. We can assist with all aspects of the conveyancing process.
Please feel free to phone or email any of our local offices in Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Broadstone.
We can conduct video conferencing with all of our clients – even where our staff are working remotely. See A Client Guide To Video Conferencing.
We can also offer:
- a swift and comprehensive remortgaging service at a highly competitive price
- direct referrals to industry-leading mortgage brokers offering a full range of financial services on an all-of-the-market basis.
The Bank of England base rate is at its lowest level in history and so there is no better time to remortgage.
Get Expert Help
We appreciate that this is a very difficult time for all of our clients. We are here to support you through this as your Law Firm for Life.
For more information, please contact Coles Miller Senior Partner and Head of Conveyancing, Roger Leedham on 01202 355695.