Back Injury At Work: Compensation Claims
No Win No Fee Personal Injury Solicitors
Back injuries can occur in any working environment: warehouses, building sites, even offices.
In many cases, a common cause of injury can be from regularly lifting heavy objects – especially if the victim has received insufficient or incorrect health and safety training. For back injuries, poor manual handling can lead to lifelong complications.
Badly designed office workstations can result in posture problems, leading to painful and debilitating back injuries. These can worsen if not diagnosed and treated properly and promptly.
Employers must provide adequate training for their employees to complete their duties safely, and in some cases, employers should implement safety measures to prevent harm to their employees. This applies to all sectors, regardless of the industry.
If you suffer a back injury at work, the incident should be logged by your employer and reported.
Back injuries often come to light later down the line. It is important that you seek appropriate medical help and keep a record of your symptoms, particularly in relation to repetitive motion injuries.
If you’ve been the victim of back injury that was not your fault, you could be eligible to claim compensation for:
- the injury itself
- medical costs
- loss of earnings (including bonuses)
- ongoing future care needs (if required).
Contact Coles Miller today. Phone us on 01202 355695 or complete the email form on this page. One of our expert solicitors will contact you very soon and advise you on your claim.
How much is your claim worth?
This estimator tool will tell you how much you could claim.
Claiming Compensation For A Back Injury At Work
All companies must by law have Employer’s Liability Insurance if they employ one or more people.
This insurance protects the employer against any claims made by employees for injuries or serious illness at work.
So, compensation for a successful claim will be paid by the insurer, rather than your employer directly.
Causes of workplace back injuries include:
- lifting or dragging heavy, bulky or cumbersome objects
- repetitive tasks such as packing products
- long distance driving (especially if the seat is not adjusted correctly)
- repeated or excessive bending, crouching or stooping
- repeated or excessive stretching, twisting or reaching
- slipping or tripping over hazards (such as spilt liquids or loose wires)
- inadequate lighting which makes it difficult to see potential hazards
- aggravation of a pre-existing back condition.
Claiming compensation for a back injury at work could not be easier. Simply contact Coles Miller today and one of our specialist solicitors will be in touch to organise a free initial chat to discuss your case.
All our work is conducted on a No Win No Fee basis so there is no financial risk involved for you – even in the unlikely event your case is unsuccessful.
Coles Miller is a Legal 500 recommended law firm with a 99 per cent customer satisfaction rating. We can help you to claim the compensation you deserve for the treatment you need.
Get Expert Legal Advice For Your Claim Today
Contact Coles Miller to discuss claiming compensation for your back injury. We handle cases across the country.
Our Personal Injury team is led by Coles Miller Partner Adrian Cormack. Phone him today on 01202 355695.
How can we help with your Personal Injury claim:
- Speak to a personal injury solicitor from day one
- Free no obligation first meeting
- No win, no fee
- Experienced team of Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence solicitors
- We win 99% of the claims we take on
- Law Society Accredited
- 24 hour helpline - call 01202 355695
- Millions of pounds recovered in compensation for clients over the years
- National Coverage
Get in Touch
Meet The Team
Partner, Head of Personal Injury Department
Personal Injury Executive
Serious Injury Paralegal
Serious Injury Paralegal