Have you sustained a head or brain injury?
Sustaining a brain injury can be a life-changing event not only for the person affected but also for their family. It can take several years for the effect of a serious brain injury to be fully known.
Coles Miller Solicitors has a specialist brain injury team who will provide legal advice, support and guarantee to take away all the stresses and strains that are linked to litigation.
We understand the needs of our clients from early rehabilitation to recovery and the team will continue to provide a service long after the claim has finished – assisting you with any advice and management of any brain injury compensation or acting as a Receiver.
Our team of personal injury solicitors accept head and brain injury compensation claims on a 'no win, no fee' basis.
How much is your claim worth?
This estimator tool will tell you how much you could claim.
Types of cases
The effects of a brain injury vary greatly from person to person; likewise the circumstances in which the brain injury was acquired can vary. Coles Miller represents clients who have sustained brain injuries in a range of situations such as:
- Accident at work or public place
- Birth injury or other medical negligence
- Road traffic accidents
Instructing a specialist brain injury solicitor can mean the difference of many thousands of pounds of compensation. A specialist brain injury solicitor has the expertise to consider the assistance and care you or your family member will require in the future. Adrian Cormack, Head of the Personal Injury Department, is an Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) Accredited Brain Injury Specialist and has more than 14 years' experience in brain injury cases.
Working with Headway – The Brain Injury Association
We are key members of the Headway-accredited list of law firms. Our work on behalf of those wishing to bring a claim for brain injury compensation is fully and regularly audited by Headway. This ensures that our brain and head injury services and levels of client care are delivered to meet the highest standard possible.
Watch the following video to learn more about Robert's story, as told by his father Robin, who was referred to Adrian Cormack by Headway. Following Robert's car accident Adrian succeeded in security interim payments and setting up a trust to support Robert's care.
How can we help with your Personal Injury claim:
- Speak to a personal injury solicitor from day one
- Free no obligation first meeting
- No win, no fee
- Experienced team of Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence solicitors
- We win 99% of the claims we take on
- Law Society Accredited
- 24 hour helpline - call 01202 355695
- Millions of pounds recovered in compensation for clients over the years
- National Coverage
By pursuing a claim for compensation there are many issues to consider as part of your brain injury compensation claim including:
- Compensation for personal injuries
- Loss of income, both past and future
- Expenses incurred as a result of the accident (e.g. medication, travel expenses etc.)
- Immediate rehabilitation and treatment cost
- Adaptations to your home or the purchase of a new home
- The provision of aids and equipment - including transport and wheelchairs
- Current and future care and case management needs
- The implementation of effective tax planning to preserve your settlement
- Special educational needs
- Future employment and retraining
- Mental health and community care
These time limits do not apply to children (who can proceed at any time before their 21st birthday) and people who are unable because of mental incapacity of managing their legal affairs (may differ for a defective product).